Your privacy is important to us.
“Personal Data” refers to personal information such as your name, e-mail address, shipping address, phone number, credit card information and other data, whether true or not, that identifies you as an individual.
All references to “using the Site” includes access to and/or use of
(https://one-dollar-only.myshopify.com/pages/privacy-policy) (including both the web and mobile versions) (collectively, the “Site”) and our services and functions offered via this Site, including placing orders for purchase of our products.
By providing us with your Personal Information and/or by using the Site, you shall be deemed to have agreed to each and all of the terms, conditions, and notices in the Policy. If you do not agree, please cease your use of the Site and DO NOT provide any personal data to us.
If you have any questions, comments, suggestions or complaints, please do not hesitate to contact our Data Protection Officer at the following details:
Ryan Yim +65 9828 0756.
Your use of the Site is subject to our Terms of Service. For more details, please refer to (https://one-dollaronly.myshopify.com/pages/website-terms-of-service).
We reserve the right to modify and change the Policy at any time to ensure that it is consistent with industry trends and/or any changes in legal or regulatory requirements. Any changes to this Policy shall be published on the Site. You are deemed to be aware of and bound by any changes to the Policy upon the publication of such changes on the Site.
1. How We Collect Your Personal Data
You may access the Site and browse without providing us with your Personal Data. During such visits to the Site you remain anonymous. However, in order to utilize our services via the Site, such as placing orders for our products, we may ask you to provide your Personal Data in order that we can provide you with our services.
We may also collect your Personal Data when you interact with our staff including members of our customer service team via telephone calls, letters, face-to-face meetings and/or emails.
You may also choose to sign up for a customer account using your social media account or voluntarily link your customer account to your social media account or use certain other social media features available through our Site. In such a case, you agree that we may access information about you which you have provided under your social media provider in accordance with the provider's policies and we will manage your Personal Data which we have collected from your social media account in accordance with this Policy.
The Personal Data we collect may include your name, delivery address, email address, contact number, date of birth, and gender.
At all times you may choose (i) not to submit your Personal Data to us; or (ii) to subsequently withdraw your consent to our use of your Personal Data. However, please note that we may not be able to provide or continue to provide (as the case may be), our services to you through the Site as a result. Your withdrawal of consent will not affect any legal consequences arising from such withdrawal.
2. True, Accurate and Up to Date Information
You agree and acknowledge that it is your responsibility to ensure that all information submitted to us by you is true, accurate and not misleading and that such information is kept up to date. Failure on your part to do so may result in our inability to provide you with the products and services you have requested. We reserve the right to request for documentation to verify the information submitted to us by you.
3. Third Party Personal Data
You agree and acknowledge that where you provide to us Personal Data of a third party, it is your responsibility to obtain the requisite prior consent from such third party for you to provide his/her Personal Data to us for the relevant purposes and you represent to us that you have duly done so.
4. Storage of your Personal Data
We store your Personal Data in soft copy formats on our computer servers.
We will only keep your Personal Data for as long as we are either required to by law or as is relevant for the purposes for which it was collected.
Personal Data collected by us is subject to review bi-annually to determine whether such information remains necessary for any legal or business purpose or if such information need no longer be retained by us. 5. Use and Disclosure of Personal Data
We do not rent, sell or trade your Personal Data to any third party.
We gather your Personal Data for purposes of providing and improving our services to you via the Site. The collected Personal Data may be used, or shared with third parties (including our related companies, our service providers (such as courier companies), and our suppliers and merchants) as we deem necessary, for some or all of the following purposes:
- [to facilitate your use of the Site, including processing orders you place for our products through the Site and responding to your queries and requests;
- to deliver the products you have purchased through the Site;
- to update you on the delivery of products and for customer support purposes;
- to obtain your feedback after a sale of a product or service;
- to resolve complaints and handle requests and enquiries;
- to conduct business analysis including carrying out research on our users’ demographics and behaviour;
- to compare information, and verify with third parties in order to ensure that the information is accurate;
- to administer and manage your customer account (if any) and your relationship with us;
- to carry out financial transactions in relation to payments you make online;
- to audit the downloading of data from the Site;
- to improve the layout and/or content of the pages of the Site and customise them for users of the Site; l) to verify and identify visitors on the Site;
- to provide you with information we think you may find useful or which you have requested from us, including information about our products and services, provided you have indicated that you have not objected to such contact;
- in connection with business asset transactions (which may extend to any mergers, acquisitions or asset sales);
- other purposes which are reasonably related to the aforesaid.] [TO SELECT AS APPROPRIATE]
If we need to use your personal data for any other purposes, we will notify you and obtain your consent beforehand. You will be given the opportunity to withhold or withdraw your consent for the use of your personal data for these other purposes.
6. Overseas Transfer
[In the event that we transfer your Personal Data to third parties located overseas, we shall take steps to ensure that the receiving jurisdiction has in place a standard of protection accorded to Personal Data that is comparable to the protection under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (“PDPA”).][TO INCLUDE ONLY IF NECESSARY]
- a) [restricting physical and online access to confidential data only to authorized personnel;
- maintaining technology products to prevent unauthorised computer access;
- securely destroying your Personal Data when it is no longer needed for any legal or business purpose;
- [ensuring that sensitive and private data exchange between you and the Site happens over a SSL secured communication channel and that such exchange is encrypted and protected with digital signatures;] and
- ensuring all employees are bound by appropriate confidentiality provisions.] [TO SELECT AS APPROPRIATE]
Our management reviews our security system regularly, and upgrades it from time to time to keep your Personal Data safe.
8. Security Disclaimer
We take precautions to ensure that your Personal Data is protected against unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure. However, we cannot be held responsible for unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure that is beyond our control. To the extent permitted by law, we shall not be liable in any event for any damages of any kind (including but not limited to special and exemplary damages) or for any loss of reputation or goodwill, whether based in contract, tort (including negligence), equity, strict liability, statute or otherwise, suffered as a result of unauthorised or unintended use, access or disclosure of your Personal Data.
9. Accessing Your Personal Data
If you would like to view the Personal Data we have on you or inquire about the ways in which your Personal Data has been or may have been used or disclosed by us within the past year, please contact our Data Protection Officer. We reserve the right to charge a reasonable administrative fee for retrieving your Personal Data records. Please also note that under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (“PDPA”), we are not required to provide you with certain categories of information listed under the Personal Data Protection Act 2012 of Singapore (“PDPA”).
If you have a customer account, you may access details of your Personal Data collected by us by logging into your customer account via the Site. Here you can view the details of your past completed orders, outstanding unfulfilled orders and orders which are shortly to be dispatched. You may also administer your address details, bank details and any marketing information to which you may have subscribed.
10. Updating Your Personal Data
You may update your Personal Data anytime by accessing your customer account via the Site. If you do not have an account with us, you can update your Personal Data by writing to our Data Protection Officer.
We take steps to share your updates with third parties with whom we have shared your Personal Data as is necessary to continue providing you with our services or to perform on any contract we have with you.
11. Correction of Personal Data
You may request us to correct an error or omission in relation to personal data about you that is in our possession or under our control by writing to our Data Protection Officer and including in your request your name and identification particulars and such other information that we require to identify you and the relevant Personal Data to be corrected.
12. Withdrawal of Consent
Should you wish to withdraw your consent to our continued use and disclosure of your Personal Data for any of the purposes stated herein, you may do so by writing to our Data Protection Officer, stating the following information: a) your name and identification number; and
- b) details of your withdrawal request.
Please note that if you so withdraw your consent, depending on the nature of your consent withdrawal, we may not be in a position to continue to provide our services to you or to perform on any contract we have with you. Our legal rights and remedies are expressly reserved in such event.
If you have any complaint(s) arising from our collection, use and/or disclosure of your Personal Data, you may submit your complaint(s) in writing to our Data Protection Officer.
Upon receipt of your complaint, we shall respond to acknowledge your complaint within 3 working days. Our management will investigate your complaint thereafter and strive to resolve your complaint within 21 days. If your complaint is complex and cannot be satisfactorily resolved during this period, we will inform you accordingly and advise on the further steps we will take in our further handling of this matter.
14. Collection of Browsing Data
- your computer's IP address;
- browser type;
- webpage you were visiting before you came to our Site; and
- the pages within the Site which you visit; and
- the time spent on those pages, items and information searched for on the Site, access times and dates, and other statistics.
This information is collected for analysis and evaluation in order to help us improve our website and the services and products we provide.
Cookies are small text files (typically made up of letters and numbers) placed in the memory of your browser or device when you visit a website or view a message. They allow us to recognize a particular device or browser and help us to personalize the content to match your preferred interests more quickly, and to make our Services and Site more convenient and useful to you.
Web beacons are small graphic images that may be included on the Site. They allow us to count users who have viewed these pages so that we can better understand your preference and interests.
15. Governing Law
This Policy is governed by the laws of Singapore. You agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the Courts of Singapore in any dispute relating to this Policy.